The United Way of Monongalia and Preston Counties is seeking a qualified Community Impact Director
|Looking for an opportunity to work at a dynamic organization that makes an impact in your community? Look no further. The United Way of Monongalia and Preston Counties is seeking a qualified Community Impact Director to manage its community impact strategies, fund distribution process, and agency and community relations by working with volunteers, organizations, and local community members.
Community Impact Management
- Lead the assessment and implementation of the United Way’s community impact model.
- Oversee community impact programs including the Family Resource Network, Dolly Parton’s Imagination Library, and Warming Hands and Hearts Heating Fund.
- Secure grant income and in-kind resources to finance community impact strategies.
- Manage a grant portfolio to support community impact strategies.
- Manage special events to support community impact programs.
- Serve as a community resource on services and needs of the community.
Fund Distribution Management
- Provide staff leadership in planning and directing all aspects of the annual Citizens’ Review Process, including program outcome measurement work.
- Recruit high-caliber community volunteers to serve on Citizens’ Review Committee.
- Explore and recommend alternative fund distribution models for consideration.
Agency Relations Management
- Manage relationships with local nonprofit agencies to ensure a positive, mutually supportive environment for addressing the most pressing needs of the community.
- Promote collaboration among United Way partners and other stakeholders that will promote better outcomes for residents.
- Create capacity building and networking opportunities for partner agencies.
- Provide educational opportunities and individual consultations to agencies on topics related to non-profit management.
- Assist partner agencies in the preparation of grant requests, outcome measurement strategies, and other areas of work as requested or as time permits.
- Provide information and referral for persons seeking services.
- Represent United Way at community meetings, agency events, and local coalitions/tasks forces.
- Strong knowledge of and experience working with non-profit organizations.
- Experience analyzing and using data to inform and improve program performance and outcomes.
- Grant writing experience and successes.
- Ability to build and retain quality relationships with business and community leaders.
- Ability and desire to work effectively with professionals and volunteers from diverse backgrounds who have variety of competencies.
- Strong team skills and proven capacity to initiate and manage complex projects.
- Excellent communication skills including listening skills, written and oral communication skills, facilitation skills, and presentation skills.
- Solid technical and analytical skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a group setting.
- Ability to effectively meet deadlines and handle multiple priorities.
- Track-record of setting and meeting goals.
- Creative in problem-solving.
- Flexibility to attend evening and/or weekend events.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications and data base management experience.
- Represent United Way positively, professionally, courteously, and effectively.
- Integrate United Way’s business strategies by building positive internal and external relationships.
- Maintain confidentiality regarding personnel and organizational information.
- Model the United Way Code of Ethics at all times.
Job Type: Full-time
- nonprofit management, community planning, or social work: 3 years
United Way of Monongalia and Preston Counties 278C Spruce Street Morgantown, WV 26505-7500 Phone: (304) 296-7525 Fax: (304) 296-6370 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org