Case Manager Job Description
Helping Heroes, is a community based, non-profit facility. It provides support services and resources to homeless and near homeless veterans in order to transition them to, or maintain self-sufficiency. Our SSVF Program (Supportive Services for Veteran Families) provides temporary housing assistance in conjunction with comprehensive case management to veterans with families who are homeless or are facing a housing crisis.
Helping Heroes is hiring a Case Manager to work with the SSVF program. The SSVF Case Manager duties are summarized as:
- Outreach Specialist duties include:
- Assist the program director in conducting and coordinating outreach activities as assigned
o Setting up and tearing down for events such as fundraising and outreach activities
- Case management services including:
- Refer participants for help in obtaining VA benefits and other public benefits such as health care services, daily living services, personal financial planning services, transportation, fiduciary and payee services, legal services, child care, housing counseling services, and temporary financial assistance.
o Conducts comprehensive screenings and assessments with veterans to collect functional, environmental, financial, employment, housing, educational, and health information, as appropriate, to develop a case plan.
o Provides service linkages and support systems for veterans and their families, including for children and adolescents, to ensure identified needs are met
o Makes referrals to supportive services such as job developers, social workers and health care providers as deemed necessary
o Develops support systems to meet veteran and family needs; coordinates and facilitates move-in activities, rental negotiations, and service referrals as required.
o May make home and field visits
- Provide supportive counseling and advocacy for families; provides crisis intervention, if needed.
o May requiring help with moving furniture, cleaning and carrying food boxes
o Other duties required to related physical activity.
- Complete on-going record keeping and maintenance of statistical data.
- Prioritization of tasks associated with assigned cases
This individual must demonstrate the ability to report directly to the SSVF Program Manager and must also participate in annual inspections conducted by funding agencies.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- A bachelor’s degree in social work or human service field is preferred, military and work experience will be considered
- 1 – 3 years experience working with veterans and/or the homeless population ( must have experience working with adults)
- Experience working with people in recovery
- Proven ability to develop relationships with families as well as a wide variety of service stakeholders (VA, schools, health and public benefit agencies
- Provide thorough and comprehensive documentation of services in a timely manner
- Work independently on identified case management needs
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Able to lift and carry 50 pounds
- US Armed Forces veteran preferred
- Social Work License preferred
- Submit to a criminal background check
- Pre employment physical with drug screen
- Copy of Transcripts required upon hiring
- Hold a valid driver’s license, car insurance and be willing and able to travel. DMV driving record must be provided upon hiring
Resume, Cover letter, and 3 references
ATTN: Susan Harrison, Executive Director Helping Heroes
256 Jefferson Ave. Moundsville WV 26041