National Association of Social Workers – Wyoming Chapter
The National Association of Social Workers (NASW) is seeking a part-time (.6 FTE) Executive Director for the Wyoming Chapter. Applicants will possess strong nonprofit association management skills, a substantial knowledge of the social work profession, and a strong commitment to social work values. Applicants will also have leadership skills that engage, inspire, and mobilize the Association’s membership.
NASW is the largest membership organization of professional social workers in the world, with 120,000 members nationwide. The Wyoming Chapter has approximately 275 members statewide and is presently headquartered in Cheyenne. NASW works to enhance the professional growth and development of its members, to create and maintain professional standards, and to advance sound and just social policies.
The position is for 24 hours per week with a competitive salary in the low-thirties, plus excellent benefits, including health and life insurance, and retirement. The Chapter Executive Director reports to the NASW Deputy Director of Chapter Operations at the National Office and is accountable to the Wyoming Chapter Board of Directors. Travel across the state of Wyoming is a required component of the position.
- Leadership experience working with professional or non-profit organizations and their volunteer Boards
- Minimum of 3-5 years of executive leadership experience
- Demonstrated ability to work independently while meeting organizational goals and timelines
- Exceptional executive management and administrative skills with oversight of multiple programs
- Exceptional written and oral communications skills
- College degree required; MSW preferred
- Experience in development of membership recruiting, engagement, and support
- Demonstrated program development and implementation experience
- Strong experience and skills in the areas of public policy, advocacy and the legislative process
- Ability to manage administrative tasks in conjunction with the NASW National Office
- Experience in fundraising
- Demonstrated budget and financial management skills
- Experience working with traditional and social media
- Proficiency with Office products software, including Word, Excel, Publisher and PowerPoint, as well as working in the online/“cloud” environment.
Only electronic applications will be accepted. Applicants should submit a cover letter and current resume email to NASWWYexecsearch@gmail.com no later than May 13.
- A current resume
- A brief written summary statement/cover letter of administrative, leadership, program development/implementation and advocacy experience
NASW-WY is an equal opportunity employer, committed to a policy of equal opportunity and non-discrimination. Applicants from diverse communities are encouraged to apply.