VOCA Trauma Counselor
Family Refuge Center, Inc.
$30,000 – $38,000 a year
Are you an extraordinary person looking to work somewhere you will be challenged to think outside the box?
Have you ever worked for a place where people loved the work they do?
If you this sounds like you, then you may be the PERFECT fit for Family Refuge Center.
DON’T let this opportunity pass you by.
Benefits: Health Insurance, 12 Holidays and 24 Vacation Days and 12 Personal Days, flexible work schedule, multiple opportunities to earn FREE CEUs.
- Provide and coordinate comprehensive trauma-informed therapy and case management services as part of FRC’s survivor-centered advocacy efforts.
- Provide individual and group counseling (support groups) for survivors of crimes, including secondary victims as needed.
- Implement appropriate intervention strategies for children who are victims of domestic violence and sexual assault.
- Consult with FRC advocates to facilitate advocacy within CPS on behalf of clients with open CPS cases.
- Establish and maintain relationships with local departments of social service organizations and other service providers.
- Provide case management or case management consultation as needed to support FRC advocates.
- Participate in agency data collection and analysis
- Collaborate with community agencies to increase client referrals and coordinate therapy services for victims of domestic violence and sexual assault.
- Attend or obtain 20 hours of continuing education training per year, subject to the approval of the Executive Director.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree in counseling, social work or related field
- State licensure or license-eligibility in the designated field
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must be able to maintain strict confidentiality
- Ability to organize time effectively and to meet assigned work demands
- Strong leadership skills
- Current and valid driver’s license and automobile insurance
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $30,000.00 to $38,000.00 /year
Interested applicants can apply via