Transition of Care Clinic keeps you well after discharge
At WVU Medicine, we provide a Transition of Care Clinic to help your patients shift back to home life after a hospital stay and maintain optimal health. A variety of services are offered for up to 30 days after discharge to make this transition as smooth as possible for your patients.
Services offered by the Transition of Care Clinic include:
- Scheduling follow-up testing, procedures, and appointments
- Securing durable medical equipment
- Arranging transportation
- Referrals to specialists, home health services, or a disease management coordinator
- Providing education to you and your family about chronic conditions
- Consulting with a pharmacist about medication regimen
- Communicating with your primary care provider to enhance continuity of care
For questions or to refer a patient, call 855-WVU-CARE / Visit WVUMedicine.org for more about services.