TITLE: Case Manager
ORGANIZATION: WV MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS HEALTH PROGRAM (WVMPHP)
ROLE: Full-Time Employee (40 hrs a week)
REPORTS TO: Executive Medical Director, WVMPHP
Travel: Annual Conference (typically in the fall) & Case Management Committee Meeting (typically twice a year)
Possibly other trips to be determined
ABOUT WVMPHP: The WV Medical Professionals Health Program is a nonprofit 501 (c)3 charitable corporation. The mission of the WVMPHP is to protect healthcare consumers through seeking the early identification and rehabilitation of physicians, surgeons, and other healthcare professionals with potentially impairing illness physician health programs in improving the health of medical professionals, thereby contributing to quality patient care. The WVMPHP is dedicated to supporting the health and well-being of physicians and healthcare professionals who may be at risk of substance use disorders, burnout, stress and mental health conditions. See more at wvmphp.org.
The position is full-time hours at 40 hours a week. There is typically one-day travel twice a year for our Case Management Committee “face to face” meeting and potentially for our annual fall addiction conference. The position reports to the Executive Medical Director.
POSITION SUMMARY: Provides case management support to the WVMPHP. Works in collaboration with the Executive Medical Director and staff, providing case management, including initial intake assessments/interviews and obtaining collateral data, coordination of evaluation/treatment center services including discharge planning, monitoring compliance, policy development, addresses participant inquiries including updating and maintaining the various tracking excel spreadsheets and other related program activities. This is a non-treatment position, in that there is NOT a provider-patient relationship. The annual compensation for this position $35,000+ depending on qualifications, experience and skills, plus benefits with the opportunity for growth.
- Assist the Executive Medical Director with new intakes; obtaining collateral information and completion of necessary forms and pertinent consents/releases.
- Receives, processes and distributes monitoring reports from participants, worksite monitors and sponsors; including toxicology results/testing.
- Updates and maintains various participant excel spreadsheets.
- Addresses daily WVMPHP participant or other general inquiries with assistance from the Executive Medical Director as needed.
- Assists with the provision of formal participation and/or status reports on behalf of WVMPHP participants to external organizations as may be needed.
- Provides on-site staff coverage at education programs and meetings as requested.
- Assists with WVMPHP policy development as may be assigned.
- Performs a variety of clerical duties including preparing routine correspondence, appointment scheduling, phone coverage, filing, print, copy and scanning/digital file maintenance.
QUALIFICATIONS: Advanced degree in mental health/addiction field & state licensure desirable (MSW/LCPC or equivalent). Strongly desired is “passion for working with professionals”. Minimum 3-5-years’ experience with direct clinical services, with broad exposure to chemical dependency, psychiatric and medical diagnosis. Prior experience in employee assistance program and/or clinical experience with professional populations highly desirable. Knowledge of West Virginia and surrounding area treatment resources a plus. Excellent organizational, written and oral communication and interpersonal skills, and attention to detail and quality are essential. Proficiency with, Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Publisher, Word, PowerPoint and Excel) is needed. Knowledge of File Center and Scansoft-Paperport a plus. The ability to work in partnership with a team to complete work in a fast-paced, multi project environment is also necessary.