- Head to Preston County Inn on Saturday, December 2 for Breakfast with Santa
- Morgantown Mall is hosting a free Sensitive Santa meet and greet on Sunday, December 3 from 9:00am to 11:00am
- Pet Photos with Santa on Sunday, December 10 from 6:00pm to 8:00pm
- Santa will also be at the Morgantown Mall all season long, starting Friday, November 17 until Christmas Day, for kids to meet and take photos with him
- Join Santa and Mrs. Claus at the Erickson Alumni Center on Saturday, December 16 for brunch from 10am to 2pm
- The Mason-Dixon Historical Park is also holding an event with games and cookie decorating, as well as Santa himself, on Saturday, December 16 from 5:00pm to 7:00pm
- Main Street Christmas Parade: Monday, Nov. 27 at 6:00pm in Kingwood
- Morgantown Christmas Parade: Monday, Dec. 4 at 6:30pm on High Street
- Star City Christmas Parade: Friday, Dec. 8 at 6:30pm on University Avenue
Plays and Events
- MAC’s Seasonal Holiday Exhibition: Monday, Nov. 20-December 24 at 11:00am to 7:00pm
- Christmas Vendor Market: Monday, Nov. 27 from 5:00pm to 8:00pm at Preston Community Arts Center
- Frosty the Snowman Paint and Sip: Friday, Dec. 1 from 6:00pm to 9:00pm at Preston Community Arts Center
- Live Nativity-Adore Him: Friday, Dec. 1-9 from 6:00pm to 8:00pm at Kingdom a Community Church
- Moscow Ballet’s “Great Russian Nutcracker:” Friday, Dec. 1 at 7:30pm at CAC
- Jingle Brawl 2017: Saturday, Dec. 2 from 5:00-9:00pm at Hazel and J.W. Ruby Community Center
- “A Christmas Story” The Musical: Dec. 2-10, at various times at Metropolitan Theatre
- “Home for the Holidays:” Monday, Dec. 4 from 7:30 pm to 9:30 pm at the CAC
- “A Christmas Carol:” Wednesday, Dec. 13-20 at various time at the CAC
- 44th Annual Children’s Christmas Party: Saturday, Dec. 16 from 10:00am to 12:00pm at Kingwood Public Library
Click here for a full list of Christmas events and activities in Greater Morgantown this holiday season.
Blue Ridge CTC is excited to partner with the Alzheimer’s Association to host a Family Healthcare Resources & Job fair on our campus on November 17th between 1pm – 4pm.
· Earn up to 3 credit hours (Category 2 CEUs)
· Learn about locally provided community resources
· Explore potential employment opportunities
The Alzheimer’s Association will facilitate 3 workshops including:
· The Basics of Alzheimer’s,
· Ask the Doc, &
· Dementia Conversations.
Blue Ridge CTC will host a Healthcare Industry specific Job & Resource Fair. For a list of employer, go to: www.blueridgectc.edu/FHR
This event is FREE & Open to the public.
Click HERE to Register or for more information.
October 30 (6-8PM) Trick-or-Treat at the Mall Morgantown Mall. Don’t miss the Spooktacular Costume Contest for kids 12 & under. Register for the contest in the Food Court from 5-6:30PM. Goody bags will be available for participants while supplies last. No registration necessary for trick-or-treat with stores and vendors in the mall. This event is free while supplies last
October 21 (12-3:30) Family Fun Day WVU Mountainlair during Mountaineer Week 2017. Kids and families are welcome to an afternoon of free activities. For more information go to: https://mountaineerweek.wvu.edu/family-fun-day.
Community Open House at WVU Medicine Fairmont Clinic
10/21/2017 from 10:00 AM – 02:00 PM
Event Location: WVU Medicine outpatient center in Fairmont
WVU Medicine will celebrate with a Community Open House Saturday, Oct. 21, from 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
The $13.9 million, 25,000-square-foot outpatient center is located off Downtown Fairmont Exit 136 of I-79, near the Fairmont Gateway Connector and behind the Fairmont Federal Credit Union. It opened on Sept. 25.
Some of the scheduled activities include:
- Meet providers
- Free flu shots for ages 3 and up (while supplies last)
- Free blood pressure and body mass index screenings
- Blood screenings
- Teddy bear clinic (kids may bring a favorite stuffed animal; bears will be available while supplies last)
- Child seat safety checks by the Marion County Department of Homeland Security/911 Child Seat Safety Program
- Rescue vehicle tours, including an ambulance and fire truck
- Appearance by Monti Bear
- Giveaways, raffles, and more!
Follow WVU Medicine on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram for updates on the event.
The Charleston LUNG FORCE Expo will be held Nov 13 at the Embassy Suites in Charleston. Early Bird registration closes October 1 (use discount code WVEARLYBIRD.)
This day-long event will educate and support patients and community healthcare providers about lung disease screening and treatments as well as innovations in the detection of lung disease. Register Now at www.lung.org/expo
· The event will have dual tracks for patients and for primary healthcare providers. The provider track serves to educate health professionals about updates on lung disease treatment and early detection options. There will be opportunities to learn about lung cancer, COPD and asthma.
· The event will feature local lung health experts and represents an opportunity for patients to gain valuable insight into the medical issues and network with others who face similar challenges.
· There will be a vendor fair featuring organizations that provide support and products for lung patients.
· CEUs will be available for nurses, respiratory therapists, and certified health education specialists.
· FREE REGISTRATION for patients and caregivers!
· FREE REGISTRATION for students in healthcare fields. Simply register ahead of the event at www.lung.org/Expo using the discount code WVSTUDENT. CEUs are not available for anyone who registers with the student code.