WVGS 13th Annual Scientific Assembly
“The Aging West Virginian”
Please see the brochure for information about this conference on September 14, 2017 Sponsored By:
WV Geriatrics Society
There are still opportunities to exhibit and submit for the poster competition. Go to www.wvgeriatrics.org
Mental Health Summit 2017
Recent Advances in Improving Veterans’ Care:
“The VA and Its Partners on the Move”
July 20th, 2017
8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
National Mine Health & Safety Academy
MH Summit 2017 – bifold (002)
Join us next Tuesday, as we bring Alzheimer’s & Dementia University to West Liberty University in the Wheeling area. This one day conference for family and professional caregivers covers a variety of topics geared to increase your knowledge of Alzheimer’s and give you tools and resources to provide care to your loved one/s throughout each stage of the disease. Register online at the link below or by phone at 800.272.3900. Upcoming location: Morgantown.
Family hits the links on The Longest Day to fight Alzheimer’s disease
Today is The Longest Day®, and thousands of participants are doing an activity they love to raise funds and awareness to help end Alzheimer’s disease. In 2013, Mickey Wakely was diagnosed with younger-onset Alzheimer’s at age 55. His family wanted to find a way to fight back and to include Mickey; a golf tournament in his honor on The Longest Day was a choice that accomplished both.
Registration is now open for the 2017 Child and Adolescent Behavioral Health Conference Registration Open. Please contact me with any questions about the conference and registration fee(WVDHHR, WVUM affiliates, WVU/WVUM employees). We will be taking registration at the door as well.
Take a look at the brochure. Several great topics around Children and Adolescents. Lunch will be provided with an opportunity to bring your case specific questions for our panel of experts.
We hope you consider attending.
Princeton, July 14, 2017
Mercer Co. Technical Education Center
Parkersburg, September 29, 2017
West Virginia University Parkerburg
WVU Department of Behavioral
Medicine and Psychiatry
Collaborating to Build Our Communities
Share your talents and expertise with other West Virginia mental health professionals! The WVCA Fall 2017 Conference will take place November 2 – 4, 2017 at the Days Hotel in Flatwoods, WV, and is offered to West Virginia Counselors, other mental health professionals, and Counseling students as an opportunity to share information, present ideas, demonstrate techniques, network, and to develop personally and professionally. We encourage you to submit a proposal to present at the conference. Proposals are due by Monday, July 31, 2017. Proposals will be reviewed by the WVCA Conference Committee, and you will be notified of the review decision by e-mail by Monday, August 15, 2017.
. Proposals will be reviewed by the WVCA Conference Committee, and you will be notified of the review decision by e-mail by Monday, August 15, 2017.
- Preference is given to members of the West Virginia Counseling Association in good standing.
- The primary presenter must have (at minimum) a Master’s Degree in Counseling or related field.
- The primary presenter must complete this Call for Proposals form.
- Proposal must include vita (resume) for each presenter by the deadline.
- Proposal must include completed CEU Area Form (last page of this packet).
- Presenters on Ethics or Clinical Supervision must have relevant, up-to-date LPC/ALPS credentials.
- Students are encouraged to present, with a faculty sponsor.
- 90-minute presentations (Content, Demonstration, or Experiential) in Breakout Rooms
- 3-hour presentations (Content, Demonstration, or Experiential) in Breakout Rooms
- Poster presentations in Exhibit Hall (standard size posters on easels or tri-fold posters on a table)
- Proposal preparation (completeness; writing; clarity)
- Relevance to Counseling Profession
- Presentation conceptualization (rationale; learning outcomes; development)
- Consideration of cultural diversity and ethics
- Participant engagement in presentation
- Innovation, creativity, best practices, leading research
- Submission: Monday, July 31, 2017 by U.S. Mail or e-mail to address below
- Notification: Monday, August 15, 2017 by e-mail
Questions? Contact Conference Coordinator, info below.
WVCA | c/o Marilyn E. Smith |241 Muse St, Falling Waters, WV 25419 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Conference Coordinator: Marilyn E. Smith | 304-283-4106