Mountain CAP of WV, Inc., a CDC, Child Advocacy Center is hiring a Child Therapist for their Upshur County office. This position requires the applicant to be a LICSW, LPC, NCC, Licensed Psychologist or Licensed Supervised Psychologist, and the applicant must have experience in providing therapy services to children, with training and experience in trauma-focused therapy preferred. Requires clear CIB and APS/CPS background checks. Email resume, letter of interest, and four professional references to: email@example.com. Salary commensurate with experience. Open until filled. EOE
Rainelle Medical Center (RMC) has a full-time position open for a Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker (LICSW), Licensed Certified Social Worker (LCSW), Licensed Graduate Social Worker (LGSW), Licensed Clinical Psychologist or Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) to work in our Behavioral Health program. Certification in Addictions preferred. Excellent benefits package and student loan repayment available. RMC is a federally qualified health center (FQHC). Please forward your resume to Laura Eagle at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 304.438.4037. EOE
The Partnership of African American Churches (PAAC) is currently seeking applicants for Case Manager, for the Dimensions of Prevention initiative. Dimensions of Prevention (DP), initiative is based on the strategic prevention framework having elements that include Assessment, Building Capacity, Planning, Implementation and Evaluation The project goal is to increase and strengthen West Virginia Kanawha County’s existing capability to prevent and reduce substance abuse; and the transmission of HIV and Hepatitis disproportionally experienced by African Americans between the ages of 13-24.
Healthy Home Program Coordinator
The Program Coordinator position is a part-time
position with benefits. The Program Coordinator will work with a team to help
residents of senior housing achieve wellness goals.. The Program Coordinator
will also be responsible for developing Community Health Action Plans for each
site that addresses such issues as fall prevention, medication adherence,
chronic disease management, and transportation. Successful candidate will
enjoy working in a team, and have experience coordinating services, conducting outreach,
and documenting work. Licensed Social Worker or Provisional eligible.
Grandfamilies Social Worker
The Family Service of Marion and Harrison Counties, Inc.
- Position Summary:
This position provides specialized case management and support services to grandparents raising grandchildren as specified in the “The Healthy Grandfamilies Project.” This program is funded by United Way funds. This project will offer grandfamilies a series of 9 workshops delivered in Marion and Taylor Counties combined with case management services over a 6-month period per cohort. Workshops will be delivered through The Family Service. Social Worker will provide the intervention’s case management component. The Social Worker will be involved in all phase of the project as specified below.
- Reports To: Counselor I
- Personal: The Social Work position requires:
- An interest in people, sensitivity, warmth in relationships, integrity, and flexibility.
- Professional discipline.
- The insight and capacity to mature.
- An interest in the field of casework and the willingness to continue adding to professional abilities and competence.
- Valid West Virginia Driver’s License
- Must be able to pass a criminal background and abuse registry check and prior employment background check.
- Professional: The following requirements are necessary:
- A BSW degree plus experience working with grandfamilies preferred.
- West Virginia Social Work License required.
- Experience in direct practice with individuals, families, and groups.
- A working knowledge of therapeutic theory and of sociological concepts related to the family; and knowledge of individual and family psychology; family pathology; and family centered casework treatment.
- The ability to apply this knowledge to practice.
- The ability to exercise independent casework judgment.
- Facility in verbal and written communication.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to maintain a positive collaborative relationship among staff.
- Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collect participant data using the Granfamilies Assessment Form (pre and post), and Action Planning Form
- Provide follow-up home and phone visits with participants following their completion of the participant workshops to assist them in implementing their Action Plans.
- Refer families to community resources as needed.
- Help families develop Action Plans as part of their participation in the workshop.
- Help families revise Action Plans as needed.
- Assist participants in making arrangements for transportation and child care as needed to facilitate their participation in the workshops.
- Help families phase out of the project at the end of 6 months by helping them transition to community programs services as specified in their Action Plans.
- Attend and participate in statewide, regional, and local meetings and trainings as required to improve the case management component of the project.
- Community services:
- Develop a good working knowledge of all other community resources in the local areas.
- Conduct initial contacts with all other referral agencies to explain and learn agency functions, referral processes, and to develop coordination with all other agencies in Marion and Harrison Counties, and other referral sources as indicated by the caseload.
- Assist in the overall public relations of the Agency within the community at large.
- Physical Demands
The Social Worker must be able to drive throughout Harrison County and make home visits in a variety of physical locations, some of which might require climbing stairs and walking short distances. Manual dexterity is needed to complete office task such as using a computer and copier.
- Work Environment
The work environment is representative of a typical office setting when not in community. The Social Worker will work out of a designated office where noise levels should not exceed a moderate level.
Work for the NASW Ohio Chapter – We’re hiring a Development Associate!
Join our small but mighty three-person team at the Ohio Chapter of NASW. We’re looking for a social worker who is enthusiastic about the profession and experienced in administrative functions and event planning. This person will represent NASW and build our capacity by managing our Chapter’s events and membership recruitment and retention. Applicants need to have a degree in social work and be able to work at our office in Columbus, Ohio. Salary $40,000-$50,000. Women, minorities, and disabled folks are strongly encouraged to apply. Get the job description and application at naswoh.org/hiring.
The Children’s Home Society of West Virginia is seeking to hire a Regional Director that would be located in Princeton WV. Responsibilities would include oversight of foster care/adoption, mentoring, children’s therapy, and parenting apart programs in Mercer and McDowell Counties. Additionally the Regional Director would provide leadership and support to the Paul Miller Home Shelter supervisor in McDowell County. Other responsibilities include community engagement, fundraising, and local child welfare collaboration efforts. Potential candidate must have five years’ experience with adoption and foster care programs and have the ability to provide oversight within the 2 counties. Master’s Degree in Social Work is preferred. Applicants must pass all FBI/CIB, CPS and APS background checks, have an insured automobile and valid driver’s license. Some travel is required. Interested applicants should send letter of interest and resume to Joanne Boileau, Children’s Home Society, 205 Center Street, Princeton WV 24740