Skill Builders LLC
A WV Birth to Three Service Coordination Agency
Is looking to hire WV Birth to Three Service Coordinators to work in
Monongalia and Marion Counties
This position offers flexible hours that you schedule, a great hourly rate and the opportunity to make a positive difference in the lives of children and families in your community.
This position does require travel to family’s home in and around the areas listed above.
A minimum of a BA degree, preferable in social work, education or a human service field is required OR being a parent of a child that has aged out of the WV Birth to Three System.
Please email or call for more information regarding this position.
firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Susan Watson at 304-282-8554
This posting/position will remain open until filled
Please post or pass on as appropriate
Chapter Executive Director National Hemophilia Foundation – Morgantown, WV
|The National Hemophilia Foundation is dedicated to finding better treatments and cures for inheritable bleeding disorders and to preventing the complications of these disorders through education, advocacy and research. Established in 1948, we are based in New York City with chapters throughout the country. NHF’s programs and initiatives are made possible through the generosity of individuals, corporations and foundations as well as through a cooperative agreement with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
NHF Is now looking for a Chapter Executive Director to join our team and lead our West Virginia Chapter. Based in Morgantown, WV the Chapter Executive Director is responsible for directing the daily work activities of the chapter. This person provides the overall staff leadership and is accountable for the successful execution of chapter programs, policies and procedures to ensure a viable and sustainable chapter in the execution of the chapter mission. The Chapter Executive Director is responsible for overseeing the effective utilization of the organization’s financial and human resources. This is the most senior staff position reporting jointly to the NHF and the chapter’s Advisory Board of Directors.
To qualify for this unique opportunity, our ideal candidate should have the following skills, education and experience:
- At least three years nonprofit leadership or management experience including program operations and financial management.
- Experienced and successful fundraiser.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent required in business, health or relevant field.
- Broad knowledge of and strong commitment to the chapter’s mission.
- Financial expertise in operational budgeting and fiscal reporting.
- Ability to effectively communicate as spokesperson and work with diverse populations.
- Requires exceptional presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with strategic planning and implementation, directing and managing staff/volunteers, program development and project management.
- Proficiency in computers and technology.
- Ability to travel and work some nights and weekends.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience. The programs and initiatives of the National Hemophilia Foundation are staffed by talented individuals who have the passion, drive and skills necessary to fulfill our mission. NHF is an Equal Opportunity Employer, appreciates and values individual differences and welcomes diversity in its broadest definition. We are committed to promoting an inclusive organizational environment of dignity and respect. In order to attract and retain a high performance workforce, we offer a dynamic and rewarding work environment, an excellent benefit package and salary that is commensurate with industry standards. If you are interested this opportunity, please send your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to email@example.com. No phone calls please.
Job Type: Full-time
- Non-Profit leadership/development: 3 years
Blue Ridge CTC is excited to partner with the Alzheimer’s Association to host a Family Healthcare Resources & Job fair on our campus on November 17th between 1pm – 4pm.
· Earn up to 3 credit hours (Category 2 CEUs)
· Learn about locally provided community resources
· Explore potential employment opportunities
The Alzheimer’s Association will facilitate 3 workshops including:
· The Basics of Alzheimer’s,
· Ask the Doc, &
· Dementia Conversations.
Blue Ridge CTC will host a Healthcare Industry specific Job & Resource Fair. For a list of employer, go to: www.blueridgectc.edu/FHR
This event is FREE & Open to the public.
Click HERE to Register or for more information.
Seven Spirit Halloween stores across West Virginia and the surrounding region are raising funds for the Child Life Program at WVU Medicine Children’s, including the Morgantown, Uniontown, and Bridgeport locations.
Spirit Halloween stores bring fun and funding to local hospitals at Halloween and all year long, through their Spirit of Children program. Their mission is to make hospitals less scary for kids through the support of the Child Life Programs in their local communities.
The money collected from customer donations helps Child Life educate and support children (and their families) while they are in the hospital for care. One hundred percent of every dollar donated from Spirit Halloween stores supports this program. Spirit Halloween stores have raised nearly $250,000 for WVU Medicine Children’s since 2009.
Local Spirit Halloween stores are hosting multiple fundraisers to raise critical funds for the WVU Medicine Children’s Child Life Program. Here are some of the ways you can help:
- Redeem this coupon to receive 10 percent off your purchase and have Spirit Halloween donate 10 percent to Child Life.
- Participate in the Zombie Walk on Saturday, Oct. 21, at the Meadowbrook Mall location.
- Attend the Halloween Dance Party and Costume Contest at the Spirit Halloween store in Morgantown on Saturday, Oct. 28. The event will feature DJ Jason Knight from WVAQ, food, fire jugglers, and more.
- Take your kids to meet characters, such as Peppa Pig, CatBoy, or some of the stars from the show Paw Patrol. Dates and times vary for each character and store location. Call or visit your local Spirit Halloween store for more details.
Community Open House at WVU Medicine Fairmont Clinic
10/21/2017 from 10:00 AM – 02:00 PM
Event Location: WVU Medicine outpatient center in Fairmont
WVU Medicine will celebrate with a Community Open House Saturday, Oct. 21, from 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
The $13.9 million, 25,000-square-foot outpatient center is located off Downtown Fairmont Exit 136 of I-79, near the Fairmont Gateway Connector and behind the Fairmont Federal Credit Union. It opened on Sept. 25.
Some of the scheduled activities include:
- Meet providers
- Free flu shots for ages 3 and up (while supplies last)
- Free blood pressure and body mass index screenings
- Blood screenings
- Teddy bear clinic (kids may bring a favorite stuffed animal; bears will be available while supplies last)
- Child seat safety checks by the Marion County Department of Homeland Security/911 Child Seat Safety Program
- Rescue vehicle tours, including an ambulance and fire truck
- Appearance by Monti Bear
- Giveaways, raffles, and more!
Follow WVU Medicine on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram for updates on the event.
Beacon Barn Therapeutic Farm, LLC welcomes
Fresh Perspective Psychotherapy, LLC
Creative Connections Psychotherapy, LLC
Friday, October 13th from 1pm-6pm
Located at 1120 Sandy Creek Rd., Thornton, WV 26440
Visit the new office space and discuss services provided!
(Professional attendance only please)
Refreshments will be provided!