Please donate your new or gently worn children’s and adults’ winter hats, scarves, mittens, gloves, boots, and coats to be distributed throughout Monongalia and Preston Counties.
The Dominion Post
Monday – Friday
8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Clear Mountain Bank
Monday – Friday
Regular Lobby Hours
For more information, please contact Beth Elyard, FRN Manager, at 304-296-7525 or by email at email@example.com
Event Location: Monongalia County Ballpark, Granville
The WVU Heart and Vascular Institute is serving as a sponsor of the American Heart Association’s (AHA’s) annual Heart Walk, which will take place on Saturday, Oct. 21, at the Monongalia County Ballpark in Granville.
Registration begins at 9 a.m., and the opening ceremonies get underway at 9:45 a.m. The three-mile, non-competitive walk starts at 10:05 a.m.
The WVU Heart and Vascular Institute will bring the Mega Heart to the event and offer tours.
For more information, visit the AHA website
Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Walk
10/21/2017 from 10:00 AM – 01:00 PM
Event Location: WVU Student Rec Center, Morgantown
The American Cancer Society will hold its Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Walk on Saturday, Oct. 21, at the WVU Student Rec Center in Morgantown.
The WVU Cancer Institute is serving as a sponsor.
The event celebrates people who have battled breast cancer and raises awareness about prevention. It also raises money to help find a cure, and to support programs and services.
For more information, visit the event website.
On September 21st, several partners are collaborating to celebrate Infant Mortality Awareness Month and to provide an opportunity for the community to donate items (feminine hygiene products, diapers, wipes) locally and for hurricane victims. See the attached flyer for further details.
WV Healthy Start/HAPI Project
WV Healthy Start Navigator Project
Planned Parenthood South Atlantic
WV Perinatal Partnership
Right From the Start Region 7
If you are unable to attend the event, but would still like to make a donation to hurricane victims, below are a few reputable websites that are accepting donations for the Texas Diaper Bank:
For victims of the Florida hurricane, the following is an option for donation:
The United Way of Monongalia and Preston Counties is seeking a qualified Community Impact Director
|Looking for an opportunity to work at a dynamic organization that makes an impact in your community? Look no further. The United Way of Monongalia and Preston Counties is seeking a qualified Community Impact Director to manage its community impact strategies, fund distribution process, and agency and community relations by working with volunteers, organizations, and local community members.
Community Impact Management
- Lead the assessment and implementation of the United Way’s community impact model.
- Oversee community impact programs including the Family Resource Network, Dolly Parton’s Imagination Library, and Warming Hands and Hearts Heating Fund.
- Secure grant income and in-kind resources to finance community impact strategies.
- Manage a grant portfolio to support community impact strategies.
- Manage special events to support community impact programs.
- Serve as a community resource on services and needs of the community.
Fund Distribution Management
- Provide staff leadership in planning and directing all aspects of the annual Citizens’ Review Process, including program outcome measurement work.
- Recruit high-caliber community volunteers to serve on Citizens’ Review Committee.
- Explore and recommend alternative fund distribution models for consideration.
Agency Relations Management
- Manage relationships with local nonprofit agencies to ensure a positive, mutually supportive environment for addressing the most pressing needs of the community.
- Promote collaboration among United Way partners and other stakeholders that will promote better outcomes for residents.
- Create capacity building and networking opportunities for partner agencies.
- Provide educational opportunities and individual consultations to agencies on topics related to non-profit management.
- Assist partner agencies in the preparation of grant requests, outcome measurement strategies, and other areas of work as requested or as time permits.
- Provide information and referral for persons seeking services.
- Represent United Way at community meetings, agency events, and local coalitions/tasks forces.
- Strong knowledge of and experience working with non-profit organizations.
- Experience analyzing and using data to inform and improve program performance and outcomes.
- Grant writing experience and successes.
- Ability to build and retain quality relationships with business and community leaders.
- Ability and desire to work effectively with professionals and volunteers from diverse backgrounds who have variety of competencies.
- Strong team skills and proven capacity to initiate and manage complex projects.
- Excellent communication skills including listening skills, written and oral communication skills, facilitation skills, and presentation skills.
- Solid technical and analytical skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a group setting.
- Ability to effectively meet deadlines and handle multiple priorities.
- Track-record of setting and meeting goals.
- Creative in problem-solving.
- Flexibility to attend evening and/or weekend events.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications and data base management experience.
- Represent United Way positively, professionally, courteously, and effectively.
- Integrate United Way’s business strategies by building positive internal and external relationships.
- Maintain confidentiality regarding personnel and organizational information.
- Model the United Way Code of Ethics at all times.
Job Type: Full-time
- nonprofit management, community planning, or social work: 3 years
United Way of Monongalia and Preston Counties 278C Spruce Street Morgantown, WV 26505-7500 Phone: (304) 296-7525 Fax: (304) 296-6370 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Do you know the Basics of Alzheimer’s? This free community workshop is an introduction to the fundamentals of Alzheimer’s disease and is designed to help families and caregivers gain a better understanding of warning signs, diagnosis, risk factors and much more. Join us in Barboursville, WV, on June 29 at 12pm at The Village at Riverview for a presentation of the Basics of Alzheimer’s.
July 15th during the annual MedExpress Kids Day
Saturday, July 15, 2017
Kids will take over downtown Morgantown from 10am – 2pm on Saturday, July 15th during the annual MedExpress Kids Day organized by Main Street Morgantown. Kids of all ages will learn about safety, play games, make crafts, and receive free goodies from area businesses.
Ronald McDonald House Charities will be participating in this outdoor event with corn hole, bubble and frisbee giveaways, and information about our Charity and how to get involved.
Volunteers will be needed for two shifts from:
9:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
11:30 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Volunteer tasks will include:
- Unloading and setting up of RMHC table before the event
- Monitoring and assisting children with the corn hole activity
- Passing out giveaways and prizes
- Assisting with questions about RMHC
- Tearing down of the table after the event is over
|Interested in a Shift?
Please contact volunteer coordinator, Sara Blevins, at 304-322-2073 or email@example.com.